Rutgers WPF is a renowned centre of expertise on sexual and reproductive health and rights. Its activities are mainly carried out in the Netherlands, Africa, Asia and South America. Its aim is to improve sexual and reproductive health and rights throughout the world. Rutgers WPF supports partner organisations and professionals in their work, increasing their expertise on sexuality.
News and press releases
Rutgers WPF: New framework for development promising, but lacking ambitions on sexual and reproductive health and rights03 June 2013 | Utrecht - Rutgers WPF welcomes the long awaited Report of the High Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda. “The report is a good step forward in formulating a holistic approach to development and poverty reduction,” says Dianda Veldman, Director of Rutgers WPF. “Now is the time for the United Nations, governments and civil society to work together to make the development goals specific and achievable.”
- 28 May 2013 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 28 2013. Pathfinder International’s short film about two young activists in Mozambique is the winner of the international Female Condoms Are _______ Film Contest. “Female Condoms Are My Power, My Protection, My Pleasure!” is one of nearly 30 short films from 12 countries that were submitted to the contest to describe what female condoms mean to the filmmakers and their communities and how female condoms might enhance their lives."
- 27 May 2013 | At the Women Deliver Conference 2013 (28-30 May, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia), Rutgers WPF will focus on advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights within the development framework after 2015.
- 23 May 2013 | Recently, a few UAFC Joint Programme officers travelled to Mozambique to meet with donors and Ministries and advocate for the Female Condom Programme. One of them and a photo journalist were assigned to collect stories.
- 21 May 2013 | The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) announced that Rutgers WPF successfully had passed the accreditation test. Rutgers WPF is the Dutch Member Association (MA) of IPPF.
- 17 May 2013 | Today, 17 May, is International Day against Homophobia & Transphobia. Homophobia and transphobia have great impact on the lives of many lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and trangenders (LGBT), and on their sexual health.
- 22 April 2013 | The 46th session of the (UN) Commission on Population and Development (CPD) is taking place in New York from 22-26 April 2013. Hilde Kroes, advocacy officer at Rutgers WPF is part of the Dutch delegation as advisor sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
- 22 April 2013 | On 22 April 2013 the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) will present a manifesto as a new framework for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in 2020.
- 31 March 2013 | An event marking the successful completion of an educational project that teaches young girls about personal and social development was held here.
- 28 March 2013 | Islamabad - The Rutgers World Population Foundation (WPF) has announced media excellence awards to acknowledge the commendable efforts of Pakistani journalists in advocating various stakeholders against the harmful consequences of child marriages, particularly in Sindh.